A. The import brings across a News forum, but the empty shell already has one. One of them should be deleted.
B. Before starting the import, the empty shell should have the same format (topics or weeks) and number of topics/weeks as the old course being imported.
How to Import Course Material
1) In "Course Administration Settings," click on the "Import" link
2) Select the course you wish to import from and click "Continue."
3) You will be presented with the "backup settings" page. Use the check boxes for import activities, blocks, and or filters. (This will decide the types of items that will show on the next screen).
4) Select the elements you want to include in the import in the "Schema settings" step.
5) Review and click "Perform import" or click the "cancel" or "previous" buttons. The confirmation page will place green check marks and red marks next to the backup settings and include item list for you to review.
6) You should see the Import complete; click "Continue" to return to the course.
7) You'll find your imported element in the same-numbered section where it appeared in its original course; to move it to a different section "Turn Editing On" and drag into place.